Trafford Council is a ‘full service’ Universal Credit area, which means that you may have to claim Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit for help towards your rent.
You can only make a claim for Housing Benefit if one of the following applies:
- You or your partner are Pension Age
- You have 3 or more dependent children.
- You live in temporary accommodation provided by Trafford Council (including HOST)
- You live in supported or exempt accommodation
- You receive or were receiving within the last month the Severe Disability Premium (SPD) as part of your income-related benefits * Income-Related benefits: Income Support, Income based Job Seekers Allowance, Income-related Employments & Support Allowance and Housing Benefit.
If you do not fit into any of the above categories you need to apply for Universal Credit online at www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim
If your Universal Credit application is successful then you will be required to attend an interview at your local Jobcentre Plus.
Universal Credit does not include assistance with your Council Tax, please complete the form if you need to apply for Council Tax Support.
Start a new form
Choose this option to start a new form - click on the Start button to get going
Continue a saved form
Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on